Free Document Shred Day
When someone uses your personal information (name, address, Social Security number, bank account numbers or medical insurance account numbers) without your permission they are committing identity theft. This serious crime is happening more and more every day. Protect your identity by shredding paper documents you no longer need.
For Your Safety
We ask that you remain in your vehicle for both your safety and social distancing reasons during the event. Items to be shredded should be placed in your car to allow our staff to access them easily. A back seat, hatch, or trunk space is perfect. Our team will be gloved and masked during the event to protect all attendees. If you have any health concerns or exhibited signs or symptoms of Covid-19 or any other respiratory stress, please refrain from attending this event. There will be future events!
Centris Headquarters 11825 Q St. Omaha, NE 68137
Saturday, August 1, 2020
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Paper documents only will be shredded onsite. Limit two boxes/bags per vehicle. No electronics will be accepted.
DataShield is locally owned and operated and nationally certified by the National Association for Information Destruction. All material will be physically shredded ensuring your information is securely destroyed. Protect your personal and confidential information.
Documents You Should Shred
- Old tax returns – Saving tax returns for a possible audit is a good practice; however, after three years, you no longer need the tax information.
- Old photo IDs – School IDs, security badges and even old state IDs may include personal information that can be used against you in the long run.
- Bank statements – Any statement that includes bank account numbers and personal information puts you at risk of identity theft.
- Credit card offers – Generic bank offers and credit card offers received through the mail should be disposed of to prevent identity thieves from taking out a credit card in your name.
- Pay stubs – Like many of the aforementioned documents, pay stubs contain bank account and personal information that can be used against you.