Free Document Shred Day
When someone uses your personal information (name, address, Social Security number, bank account numbers or medical insurance account numbers) without your permission they are committing identity theft. This serious crime is happening more and more every day. Protect your identity by shredding paper documents you no longer need.
11825 Q St.
Omaha, NE 68137
Saturday, June 22, 2019
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Paper documents only will be shredded onsite. Limit two boxes/bags per vehicle. No electronics will be accepted.
DataShield is locally owned and operated and nationally certified by the National Association for Information Destruction. All material will be physically shredded ensuring your information is securely destroyed. Protect your personal and confidential information.
Documents You Should Shred
- Old tax returns – Saving tax returns for a possible audit is a good practice; however, after three years, you no longer need the tax information.
- Old photo IDs – School IDs, security badges and even old state IDs may include personal information that can be used against you in the long run.
- Bank statements – Any statement that includes bank account numbers and personal information puts you at risk of identity theft.
- Credit card offers – Generic bank offers and credit card offers received through the mail should be disposed of to prevent identity thieves from taking out a credit card in your name.
- Pay stubs – Like many of the aforementioned documents, pay stubs contain bank account and personal information that can be used against you.