Evolution of Coupons
Who doesn’t love a coupon?! Coupons are available everywhere – even your favorite online influencer offers coupon codes to retailers they’re endorsed by. Of course, this is a modern spin on the coupon. Multiple businesses still mail out coupons highlighting their deals. However, with online shopping becoming increasingly popular with its convenience and speedy delivery, online coupon codes have become more popular.
Forms of Coupons
Today you can find coupon codes on social media, emails from stores you often shop at and stores’ websites. In addition, coupon websites are available where you can simply type the store you’re interested in and it will show you what coupons are currently available.
Coupons are great for consumers and businesses. The consumer saves money and is more prone to shop at the store again. The business acquires new business and potentially repeat business.
How to Get Coupons
- Visit store websites and see what coupon they currently have available. Typically you can find this information on the home page top banner. Ex: Enter code [Spring2019] to get 30% off.
- Search for coupons on coupon websites such as retailmenot.com.
- Sign up for emails from your favorite stores and receive a complimentary first order coupon
- Always make sure the coupon comes from a legitimate source or the company’s official social media page, website or email account. If the coupon comes from a social media page make sure it’s a verified page.
- Don’t share any personal or financial information or download anything to access the coupon.
- Always read the disclosures.