Job Search: The Right Career is More Than Just a Title
New Job Market
In today’s job market, selecting a new job comes down to more than just title, location and pay. Fitting into the culture is a major factor. Job seekers must ask themselves what kind of employer do they want to work for. They are looking for employers that share the same values and vision as they do. A job is more than just a place to go and a list of tasks to complete for eight plus hours a day. If an employee does not thrive in the company culture, the job can quickly become toxic.
Here are three quick tips to follow before making the final decision to accept a job offer.
Ask good questions during your interview
- Why do you like working here?
- What makes people want to stay?
- What opportunities for advancement exist in your company?
Take a tour
- Do the employees look happy?
- Does there appear to be diversity among the employees?
Research the company
- Look over the company’s website and other literature carefully. This also includes social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Photographs can give a good indication not only of a company’s diversity but also of its promotional practices.
- Determine whether the company’s mission and vision statement align with your values and goals.
Recruiters and managers often say that a candidate “fits” or “doesn’t fit” to explain why a candidate should or should not be offered a job. Job seekers need to be sure that the company’s culture fits from their standpoint as well.
For more information about the current career opportunities at Centris, click here.