Ensure Your Tax Refund is Deposited Into Your Account
Tax Refund Tips
When filing your tax return by hand, online or with a tax preparer, make sure you double check your routing and account numbers before signing and submitting your refund.
If you want your refund directly deposited into your checking account follow these steps:
- Check the appropriate box/button labeled “checking.”
- Correctly enter your routing number and checking account number.
Below is an example of where those numbers are located on your checks. If you do not have checks, please call our account services department at (402) 334-7000, and one of our representatives will assist you.
If you want your refund directly deposited into your savings account follow these steps:
- Check the appropriate box/button labeled “savings.”
- Correctly enter your routing number and main share account number.
- Note that your savings main share account number is different than your checking account number.
For questions about your account numbers, call (402) 334-7000, and one of our account services representatives will help you.