Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)
Digital Upgrade Information
This guide covers the most frequently asked questions about our mobile and online banking systems. If your issue is not addressed here or if you need immediate assistance, please call (402) 334-7000.
Important things to check:
- Make sure you have updated your bookmarked sites with our current online banking website address
- Double check your imported settings and automatic transfers to ensure they are set up correctly
- If you’re using a tablet or mobile phone, be sure to download the most recent version of our app. Tip: We recommend that the app be uninstalled and then reinstalled to get the most current version.
- PopMoney has been replaced by FastPay; you will need to re-establish any saved relationships in FastPay
- If you used Bill Pay under our prior system (before September 26, 2018) to transfer money to another account at a different financial institution, you will need to set up these transfers again under our current system.
To ensure you have a seamless transition to our new mobile and online banking systems, please review the FAQ below.
Digital Upgrade FAQ
What will I need before I start the upgrade process?
You will need your user ID/login ID and your password.
Where can I find my user ID?
If you do not know your user ID/login ID, please call Account Services at (402) 334-7000.
Do I need to know my passphrase/account picture?
No. With our new apps, we’ve upgraded our security and you will receive a Secure Access Code (SAC) to log in. Upon login, you will be prompted to choose how you receive this security code. You can receive it via email, text, or voice call to a mobile or landline number.
What is a Secure Access Code (SAC) and why do I need one?
It is a randomly generated six-digit number delivered to you via email, text or voice call (your choice) that is used to verify your identity, add an extra layer of security and prevent unauthorized access to your account(s). In order to log in to the new mobile and online banking systems, you will need this code to reset your password and register your device.
I didn’t receive my Secure Access Code (SAC) in my email inbox.
Make sure to check your SPAM folder in case your SAC was accidentally blocked.
What if I forget my password?
You can reset your password by following the link on the ‘sign in’ page. This cannot be completed if you have temporarily locked yourself out of mobile/online banking. To prevent being locked out, after your second failed password attempt, it is recommended you use the ‘Forgot Your Password’ link on the login screen.
My login states I am locked out. What can I do to sign in to my accounts?
If you have entered your password incorrectly three times, you will be temporarily locked out for one hour. If there is an additional login attempt within that hour, the lockout is extended another hour. You cannot use the ‘Forgot Your Password’ feature once you are locked out. You can try logging in again after the one hour has elapsed only if you know your password. If you need immediate assistance, please call (402) 334-7000 to be unlocked.
Can I unlock/reset my password myself?
Yes. Use the “forgot password” link located underneath the login box on our homepage.
What are the requirements for the new password?
- It must be at least 8 characters long.
- It can be no more than 20 characters long.
- It must contain a minimum of 1 number.
- It must contain a minimum of 1 lower case character.
- It must contain a minimum of 1 upper case character.
Can I log in using my fingerprint/touch ID and/or facial recognition if it’s available on my mobile device?
Yes. To determine if your device supports fingerprint/touch ID and/or facial recognition, go to your settings.
Will my automatic transfers still work?
If you have recurring transfers set up in the old online banking system, those will transfer to our new mobile and online banking apps. You can view, add and edit these in the “Activity Center”.
Will my alerts still work?
Most of the alerts we offered in our old apps will transfer to the new apps, with a few exceptions. Please view your alerts in Settings > Alerts to ensure you’re receiving the information that’s important to you.
Will my account or loan nicknames stay on my accounts?
Can I still use Quicken/Quickbooks?
Yes, this is found at the account level. Click on the “Export” button at the top of the account history page for the account you wish to export.
Will you have Apple Pay/Samsung Pay/Google Pay?
Not at this time.
What does the app look like so I know I’m downloading the correct one?
Here are the login screens of the iOS and Android apps:
Apple/iOS login screen
Android login screen
Text Banking FAQ
Click below to see commonly-used text banking commands:
Text banking commands
Send any of the commands below to 226563. For easier access and added security, please add this code to your contacts.
BAL– provides balances for all accounts that are enabled for text banking
BAL account nickname– provides the balance for the specified account. Example: BAL acct1
HIST account nickname– provides account history for the specified account. Example: HIST acct1
XFER account nickname1 account nickname2 amount– transfer the specified amount from account 1 to account 2. Example: XFER acct1 acct2 100.00
HELP – sends a list of contact points for the credit union
STOP– stops all further text message communications
Overview FastPay is a digital cash alternative that makes sending and receiving money as easy as emailing and texting. Whether it’s paying allowance, splitting the check or sending a birthday gift, FastPay allows you to quickly transfer money from your existing debit account to almost anybody else’s using your Centris debit card and the new online banking system. With FastPay, send payments that are:
- Easy – No registration or setup is required. The feature is ready to use online and with your mobile phone and tablet using your Centris debit card.
- Fast – Funds are transmitted within seconds. As soon as the receiver accepts the payment, funds are received instantly.
- Safe – Money is sent securely using just an email address or phone number and with industry-leading data protection. No need to share your account number with anyone.
How it works:
- Log in to online banking from your desktop, mobile phone or tablet and select Payments > FastPay.
- Enter the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number, payment amount and then verify the transaction using your debit card PIN.
- The recipient will receive a notification with the payment details and will enter his/her debit card or bank account information to collect the money.No registration or login is required to receive the funds.
Click below to view the FastPay FAQ.
FAQs What do I need in order to be eligible to use FastPay? To use FastPay, you must have:
- A Centrisdebit card
- Online banking access
- If you don’t have online banking or mobile banking yet, enroll in minutes at centrisfcu.org or download the free app from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
Does it cost me anything to use FastPay?
No, it is free! Standard message and data rates may apply when using a mobile device.
Does the recipient have to be a member of Centris?
No,that’s the best part! You can send money to virtually anyone using just their email address or mobile phone number. The recipient simply needs to have a checking account or debit card with a US-based financial institution.
How does a recipient collect money sent to them using FastPay?
A recipient will receive a notification via email or text message (whichever was specified by the sender) with the payment information and a link to collect his/her funds. The recipient then enters his/her debit card or bank account information to get the money. No registration or login is required to receive the funds.
When does the money become available to the recipient?
If the recipient chooses to collect the funds via a debit card, the funds are available immediately. If the recipient chooses to collect using a checking or savings account, the money will be credited to his/her account within one to three business days.
What PIN do I enter to verify a transaction?
FastPay payments are processed as PIN-based debit card transactions so you should use the PIN for your Centris debit card.
Why does the PIN pad scramble after I select each number?
The PIN pad will scramble after you enter each digit of your PIN number for your protection and as an added layer of security.
If I send money to someone, when will the money be taken from my account?
Payments sent using FastPay will be debited from your account immediately. The recipient has 10 days to collect the money. If the money is not collected in 10 days, you will be notified and the funds will be credited back to your account within one totwo business days.
What happens if the recipient of my FastPay transaction does not claim the money?
If the recipient of a transfer does not claim his/her money within 10 days, the money will be returned to your account within one totwo business days.
What if I get a message saying that my card is not eligible to receive funds?
Some banks may restrict you from using their debit card to collect funds that are sent using FastPay. If this happens, you will be prompted to enter the numbers of a different debit card, or you may also collect the money using your checking or savings account information.
How do I cancel a payment?
To cancel a payment that has not yet been collected, contact Account Services at (402)334-7000. If the payment has already been collected, Centris will be unable to retrieve the funds.
Who is Acculynk / Payzur?
Acculynk is the company that we’ve partnered with to bring you FastPay. Their secure technology enables payments to be sent and received in just seconds from your Centris online banking account.