Centris Federal Credit Union Social Media Policy
Centris Federal Credit Union (Centris) uses several different social media platforms where we provide our members and followers with information about community involvement, financial education and updates on our latest products and services. By using various communication platforms, we keep our members updated and connected to the things that matter to them in their community financial partner.
Protect Your Information
While social media is an effective and efficient means for communication, it must be used in a manner that protects our sensitive member personal information. Details such as your account number, pin, date of birth, etc. should NEVER be shared on social media channels. This would include sending through private messaging. If you have an issue or question regarding your accounts, please call our Contact Center at 402-334-7000
Centris will never ask you for personal information through social media channels.
Hours of Response
If you post a question on a social media site, we will respond as promptly as possible during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm CST). If your question falls outside these hours, we will get back to you as soon as possible when office hours resume. We also invite you to call our Contact Center at 402-334-7000 or 1-800-334-2328 during office hours.
Standards and Expectations for Posting
Centris is an inclusive community. Negative comments regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law or Credit Union policy will not be tolerated.
Centris does not endorse the opinions of or ensure the accuracy of information posted by fans, followers, or visitors to our social media pages.
We invite respectful comments and engagement on our pages. All comments made by Centris fans/followers will be monitored but not controlled. We reserve the right to remove:
- Any negative comments regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law or Credit Union policy will be removed.
- Abusive or hurtful language, including foul language or hate speech including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., negative personal or untrue comments about a participant)
- Material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other entity
- Off-topic comments including the promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations, and programs not related to or affiliated with Centris, including third-party advertising or spam
- Comments that violate the privacy of our members
- We reserve the right to terminate involvement by users who post such content. For your safety, never include your phone number, email, address or other personal information in a post. Your comments are visible to all.
Centris’ Process and Procedures for Posting
The following processes and procedures will be used when using Centris social media platforms (collectively called “social media sites”) to attract and interact with members and potential members.
The Centris Marketing Department manages all postings and information on Centris social media sites. The postings must not contain sensitive, confidential, proprietary, or financial information about Centris, its members, employees, or business partners; nor disclose members’, coworkers’, or vendors’ confidential, proprietary, or otherwise sensitive information. Postings must adhere to applicable regulatory policies.
- The Marketing Department will compose and post marketing messages, educational information and information about Centris products, services and community events to Centris social media sites and to the Centris website.
- Centris will employ a third-party service to monitor the Internet for mentions and reviews of Centris, along with unauthorized use of the Centris brand. If unauthorized use of the Centris brand or misleading information is found, the Marketing Department will work independently or with legal counsel, if necessary, to seek remedy when possible.
- The Marketing Department will monitor member interactions on Centris social media channels for confidential or sensitive information. If confidential member information is found, the Marketing Department will delete the post. They will then communicate directly with the member to direct them to a Member Service Representative who can assist with their questions.
- If negative posts or comments about Centris are found online, the Marketing Department under their discretion based on the subject matter will 1) publicly offer to remedy the situation through positive action; 2) offer an alternative method of contact to remedy the situation through positive action; 3) respond to the individual through our “offline” Centris Support channel to direct the negative conversation off the web; and 4) if on a social media site, refer the individual to our Standards and Expectations for posting to Centris social media sites.