Centris Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Based on updates from Federal and State leaders, most branch lobbies will re-open on June 1st and resume regular business hours. To follow Hall County’s health directives, our Grand Island lobby will remain closed until further notice.
If you need assistance with any loan, credit card, opening/closing accounts, or skip payments, an appointment will be required. Call 402-334-7000 or click here to schedule an appointment.
Our members’ and employees’ safety remains our top priority. The following safety measures have been implemented at all branches:
- We will limit the number of guests in the lobby at any one time.
- Social distancing reminders have been installed to provide guidance to maintain the recommended, 6-foot minimum distance.
- Clear plastic shields have been installed at teller stations.
- We continue to use our stringent cleaning and sanitation practices.
- Our first hour of business is dedicated to serving our vulnerable members, including members ages 60 years and older, and individuals with underlying health issues or disabilities. Omaha, Council Bluffs, La Vista, and Bellevue branches 9 – 10 a.m., North Platte 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. and Tryon branch 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Our seating area and coffee station will remain closed.
Please do not visit a branch if you’ve experienced any of the following in the last 14 days, in accordance with the CDC:
- You’ve had a fever, difficulty breathing, cough, or other cold symptoms.
- You’ve had contact with anyone suspected of having or confirmed as having COVID-19.
Accessing Your Accounts
Centris offers many secure, convenient ways to access your accounts without visiting a branch. We encourage our members to consider taking advantage of these options if possible:
- Online Banking – Enroll in Online Banking.
- Mobile App – View account balances and history, transfer funds, make payments, pay bills and deposit checks from your smart phone. Download the app in the App Store (Apple)or Google Play (Android).
- Use over 80,000 Surcharge-Free ATMs – Centris is part of the Allpoint and CO-OP Networks where you can get cash and check your balance surcharge-free. Use our ATM locator to find an ATM near you.
- Accessline (24-Hour Automated Phone Banking): 888-919-6099.
- Talk to a Centris representative M-F 8:30am-6pm & SAT 9am-1pm at 402-334-7000. Please be aware that our hold times may be slightly longer due to the increased volume.
- Email us email@example.com.
Beware of Scams
Scammers are currently taking advantage of this situation, it’s important to protect yourself. See the Federal Trade Commission’s advice: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/scam-alerts
If You Are Financially Impacted
For our Centris members who find yourselves in financial hardship with the effects of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on your family, your job, or place of business, we are ready to help.
Defer your loan payment for up to 90 days.*
Qualifying loans include:
- New and used auto, motorcycle, boat, and RV loans
- Personal loans
- Lines of credit
- Fixed home equity loans
- Home equity lines of credit
Waived Penalty on Certificates (“CDs”) Closed Prior to Maturity.
If you find it’s time to use your funds that you have in a CD with the Credit Union, we will waive the penalty normally imposed for closing a CD account prior to its maturity.**
Mortgage loan payment assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis. Please call mortgage servicing at 877-609-4691 to discuss your options.
To make it easier to access your funds, the Federal Reserve is now allowing members to make an unlimited number of convenient transfers and withdrawals from savings accounts. This means you are no longer limited to the Reg D mandated 6 per month.
You can access free financial counseling and budgeting assistance through our trusted partner. Learn more.
If you need assistance, we are here to discuss your options and help you establish a plan. Please call us at 402-334-7000 or 800-334-2328 to talk about your situation and the options we have available to help you.
We are committed to helping small businesses navigate the COVID-19 loan relief options. The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), part of the new CARES stimulus package, is a federal loan program aimed at helping small businesses who have been severely impacted by COVID-19. This program will provide capital to small businesses to help them meet their short-term ongoing expenses, including payroll costs and other costs as specified in the statute.
Below you will find more information about the program, including eligibility requirements, and the application needed to begin the process.
Documentation required to establish eligibility includes:
- Payroll expense verification
- Payroll Tax Filing (941 Quarter Tax Returns)
- Payroll Processor Records
- Form 1099-MISC
- For individuals with self-employment income (includes independent contractors, sole proprietors, etc.), you must submit the Schedule C from your 2019 tax return
- Verification of the number of employees as of February 15, 2020. (Example: payroll file from the week of February 15.)
If documentation is not available, other supporting documentation must be provided, such as bank records adequate to demonstrate the qualifying payroll amount.
If you wish to apply for this program through Centris, please reach out to CommercialDept@centrisfcu.org or call us at 402-758-6423 to request a secure link to provide the completed application and necessary documentation.
Due to the popularity of the program, receipt of your application does not guarantee funding.
*Excludes Credit Cards and Mortgages. Normal finance charges will continue to accrue during the deferment period. This deferment offer will result in your loan term being extended. Once the deferment period is over you will be required to resume your regularly scheduled payment. This deferment offer availability is subject to change without notice. If you have any Voluntary Insurance on your loan participating in this deferment offer may affect your coverage. Please contact Centris for complete terms and conditions. Lender’s Protection loans are only eligible for up to 60 days of deferment.
** Funds from CD closed cannot be used to open a new CD at the Credit Union. In this case, penalty will not be waived. Penalty waiver is available as of 3/27/2020; availability subject to change without notice.